These past weeks have been crazy, but I’ll try to make it up to you.
The reports coming from the Florida State Prison have gotten strange indeed. It appears that the Ghost of Ted Bundy has showed up and is terrorizing prison guards and inmates at the prison. A guard who has asked not to be identified says that Bundy’s Ghost appears in the area where he was executed and in his former cell where he spent his last hours before being put into Florida’s Electric Chair. Up until the end Bundy tried to save his life by offering to tell where more bodies were buried but in the end they refused to give him any more time and he was executed. Now over the last year reports of his ghost have leaked out of the prison. It is been reported that the Wardens staff have even threatened to fire guards if they spread the story of Teds Ghost being at the prison. It is also rumored that some guards have been scared into quitting their jobs by Bundy’s Ghost. It will be interesting to follow the story and see where it goes.
“Well-meaning, decent people will condemn the behavior of a Ted Bundy, while they’re walking past a magazine rack full of the very kinds of things that send young kids down the road to be Ted Bundys.” - Ted Bundy
When police searched the farm of Ed Gein, they were shocked to see a hanging figure, apparently Mrs. Worden. As Captain Schoephoerster later described in court:
“Mrs. Worden had been completely dressed out like a deer with her head cut off at the shoulders. Gein had slit the skin on the back of her ankles and inserted a wooden rod 3 1/2 feet long, and about 4 inches in diameter, and sharpened to a point at both ends, through the cut tendons on the back of her ankles. Both hands were tied to her side with binder twine. The centre of the rod was attatched to a pulley on a block and tackle. The body was pulled up so that the feet were near the ceiling. We noticed that there was just a few drops of watery blood beneath the body on the dirt floor, and not finding the head or intestines, we thought possibly the body had been butchered at another location.”
The Suicide of ‘Dead’ (the singer of the black metal band Mayhem):
He would often carry a blade on stage to cut himself with, but would also attempt such acts at parties, after which friends would need to subdue him and patch him up. While this upset many of his friends, Euronymous, on the other hand, became fascinated with Ohlin’s (Dead’s) suicidal tendencies, ostensibly because it fit Mayhem’s image, and he would often encourage Ohlin to commit suicide.
In early 1991, Varg Vikernes sent Dead several shotgun shells as a present for either his birthday or Christmas. In April, Ohlin was left alone in Mayhem’s countryside house. On 8 April 1991, Ohlin took a kitchen knife and slit his wrists and throat, but eventually tired of waiting and shot himself in the forehead with a shotgun using the shells sent by Vikernes. He left a brief suicide note, which included an apology for having shot a firearm indoors and which ended with: “Excuse all the blood.”
The body was eventually found by Euronymous, who had to climb through an open window, because Ohlin locked himself in from the inside and there were no other keys to the house. Finding the body, he rushed to find a camera and took several pictures of the corpse, and allegedly kept parts of Ohlin’s shattered skull. His motive for doing so remains unclear; Necrobutcher speculated that forcing others to see the pictures was a coping method for the shock he received after seeing his friend dead. One such photograph was eventually featured on the bootleg album Dawn of the Black Hearts.
The 22 levels of evil:
Dr. Michael Stone has created a scale he calls Scale of evil. The scale stretches from 1 to 22 and Dr. Michael Stone places each and every serial killer on this scale all depending on how evil they are.
“One study, led by Dr. Michael Stone of Columbia University, delved into the life histories of over 500 people who have killed; the findings were used to develop a 22-level chart Stone calls the “gradations of evil.” The flavors of malevolence range from “Those who have killed in self-defense and do not show psychopathic tendency” to “Psychopathic torture-murderers, with torture their primary motive.”
“Those who kill in self defense and do not show psychopathic tendencies.”
“Jealous lovers who, though egocentric or immature, are not psychopathic; crime passional”
“Willing companions of killers: aberrant personality—probably impulse-ridden, with some antisocial traits”
“Those who kill in self-defense, after extremely provocative behavior toward the victim
.Highly narcissistic, but not distinctly psychopathic persons, with a psychotic core, who kill loved ones or family members out of jealousy”
“Traumatize, desperate people who kill abusive relatives and others.(like to support a drug habit)” but lack significant traits. Genuinely remorseful.”
“Impetuous hotheaded murderers without psychopathic features.”
“Highly narcissistic , but not distinctly psychopathic people.”
with a psychotic core, who kill those close to them. Jealously is an underlying motive.
“Non psychopathic people with smoldering rage who kill when that rage is ignited.”
“Jealous lovers with marked psychopathic features”
“Killers of people who where in the way or killed for example witnesses.(egocentric but not distinctly psychopathic)”
“Psychopathic killers of people in the way.”
“Power-hungry psychopaths who kill when cornered.”
“Murderers with inadequate, rageful personalities and psychopathic features
“Ruthlessly self-centered psychopathic schemers”
“Psychopathic or cold blooded spree killers multiple murders.”
“Psychopaths committing multiple vicious acts.”
“Sexually perverse serial murderers Torture-murderers. Murder is the primary motive, following prolonged torture(among the males rape is the primary motive with murder to hide the evidence. Systematic torture is not a primary factor”.
“Torture murderers with murder the primary motive.”
“Psychopaths driven to terrorism, subjugation, intimidation, and rape, but short of murder.”
“Torture murderers with torture as the primary motive but in psychopathic personalities.”
“Psychopaths preoccupied with torture in the extreme, but not known to have committed murder.”
“Psychopathic, serial torture-murderers, with torture the primary motive.”
(Pictured above: Dr. Michael Stone, Ted Bundy (level 17), ad Tommy Lynn Sells (level 22))
Ted Bundy and Pornography
Dr. Dobson was the last person to interview famed serial killer Ted Bundy, the night before Bundy was executed via the electric chair by the State of Florida in January of 1989. Nobody knows for sure how many young women Bundy raped and murdered. Bundy confessed to Dr. Dobson that his sexual fantasies began at age twelve or thirteen when he happened upong a pile of discarded pornography in a garbage can in his neighborhood. He described his addiction to porn as one like any other substabce addiction. He says that while pornography didn’t ‘cause’ him to commit murder, the repeated exposure to violent pornography helped ‘shape and mold’ a ‘behavior too terrible to describe.’ As he continued down the pornographic path, it led him wanting more and more explicit material to gain that new level of excitement. It reached a point to where the images were not enough, and he felt a craving to act out what he had seen. That’s when the raping, torturing, killing, and eventually even necrophilia began.
- Sex is the primary motive for these killers
- Their victims may be dead or alive; although fantasy plays large roll in killing
- The level of sexual gratification will depend on the amount of torture and/or mutilation involved
- The lust killer will use weapons that require close contact with victim (knife or hands)
- As the lust killer continues to kill, the time between murders will decrease while the required level of stimulation increases
In his usual third-person discourse, Ted Bundy explained the role of alcohol in his known homicides:
“I think you could make a little more sense out of much of this if you take into account the effect of alcohol. It’s important. It’s very important as a trigger. When this person drank a good deal, his inhibitions were significantly diminished. He would find that his urge to engage in voyeuristic behaviour on trips to the bookstore would become more prevalent, more urgent. It was as though the dominant personality was sedated. On every occasion when he engaged in such behaviour, he was intoxicated.”
“I’ve eaten my share. First I go out and catch me a little boy…grab him, tie him up, use a gag, put him in the trunk of my car and drive him out to my place. You strip them naked and hang them upside down by the ankles; then you slit their throat with a knife, slit the belly and take out the guts, the liver, the heart. Cut off the head. Let the blood drain. I use a pit. A barbecue pit. Charcoal so there ain’t much smoke. Take down the body, put the metal spit through them. Put it into the asshole, through the body and out the neck…and put it on the spit-holder over the coals. Damn tasty.”
Dr. Hare’s Sociopathic Traits Checklist
- GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM - the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Sociopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A sociopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.
- GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH - a grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Sociopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.
- NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM - an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Sociopaths often have low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.
- PATHOLOGICAL LYING - can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.
- CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS - the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one’s victims.
- LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT - a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and un empathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one’s victims.
- SHALLOW AFFECT - emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.
- CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY - a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.
- PARASITIC LIFESTYLE - an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.
- POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS - expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.
- PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR - a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.
- EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS - including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.
- LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS - an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.
- IMPULSIVITY - the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.
- IRRESPONSIBILITY - repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.
- FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS - a failure to accept responsibility for one’s actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.
- MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS - a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.
- JUVENILE DELINQUENCY - behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.
- REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE - a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.
- CRIMINAL VERSATILITY - a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes.
“She was giving me oral sex, and she got carried away … So I choked her." - Arthur Shawcross